Historical Release Notes
August 18, 2022 (Loudred 6.10.1)
- Added Bobcat Welcome component to support new, returning and graduate student semester kick-off events.
- Added Convocation component to support event live stream.
- Updated building names in Shuttles.
July 28, 2022 (Professor Elm 6.10.0)
- Added a new traveler setting to ensure international travelers maintain access to important university resources.
- Moved courses, student billing and holds into their own unique components and added help screens for each.
- Updated My Courses to include instructor and online location details.
- Improved Android app navigation.
- Added double-tap support to open the digital ID.
- Updated the Academic Calendar component to point to the newly remodeled web version, which includes event reminders, calendar event synching, and more.
- Added New Student Orientation (NSO) component to support new student onboarding.
- Fixed notification badge count issue.
- Fixed notification screen load issue.
May 27, 2022 (MewTwo 6.9.3)
- Updated digital ID to include preferred name version
- Added a new Safety component
- Added a new Report It component
- Added official image to student user profile
- Moved the drop-down button in Find a Printer results screen to correct a text overlay issue on the distance details.
April 1, 2022 (Trainer Card 6.9.0)
- Added digital ID to the home screen
- Fixed bug causing settings screen to unexpectedly close when turning notifications on/off
- Fixed bug causing settings screen to unexpectedly close when customizing components
February 21, 2022 (Professor Oak 6.8.2)
- Added Bobcat Bucks balances to Dining
- Added new campus contacts for Round Rock
- Added an embedded FAQ to Meal Plans
- Updated tablet styles to optimize performance on larger devices
January 24, 2022 (Melowetta 6.8.0)
- Added a new component KTSW
- Listen to a live stream of KTSW 89.9
- Control the stream using native app audio controls
- Added an Outage Experience enabling users to use the app while the Student Information System (SIS) is down for maintenance
- A limited experience message will be displayed informing users of the SIS downtime
- Use all features of the app not impacted by SIS downtime
- The following features will be unavailable during a SIS downtime
- MyTXST component
- Favoriting Campus Contacts
- Menu customization screen
- Personal phone numbers, addresses, or emails in the User Profile screen
Fixed a bug where adding courses to your calendar app in the spring semester was added on incorrect days
November 30, 2021 (Munchlax 6.7.6)
- Added a new component Meal Plans
Track dining dollar and meal swipe balances
Compare Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze plans
See full descriptions of the features each plan includes
Get helpful contact information
- Find a Computer now has map view and list view separated
- Updated Find a Printer icons to be the same
- iOS devices will now show the Roboto font
- Fixed the Find a Printer map landscape view to display location card correctly.
- Fixed incorrect default semester from displaying in My TXST screen.
September 15, 2021 (Mr. Mime 6.7.0)
- Added a new component Find a Printer
- Find printers on either campus by proximity
- Keep track of your University Libraries print balance
- Get contact info (Help screen)
Improved pronunciation of some common TXST acronyms for screen reader usage
Added a loading indicator for webviews in the app
- If the Outlook app is not installed on a phone, the BobcatMail component will now open to the web version of outlook instead of prompting a download
- Adjusted font and icon sizes for tablets
- Removed link to TRACS mobile app
Clearing all notifications now works as expected
Fixed an issue that was causing some dates to display in the incorrect order in Academic Calendar
Fixed text wrapping on small phones in Academic Calendar
May 31, 2021 (Chatot 6.4.0)
- Improved Campus Contacts
- Created new contact cards so students, staff, and faculty have easy access to Student Government, Staff Council, and Faculty Senate respectively
- Search or filter to find the department you need
- Favorite any contacts with a star
- Updated part of the notification infrastructure
- Removed Customize Menu from displaying in menu list; now shows up in Settings as intended
Fixed accessibility bug where the wrong title was being read for the What's New icon
Fixed large text from overlaying on What's New screen
Fixed a top padding issue for devices with a notch
January 21, 2021 (Pokéradar6.3.0)
- Added a new feature, Campus Maps, for everyone in the app
Fixed several client crashes and made performance improvements across the app
Resolved an issue that was preventing iOS users from playing videos in the app
November 30, 2020 (Pokedex- 6.0.14)
- Information about computer lab availability for University Libraries managed spaces is now available in the app. See what hours labs are open, how many computers are available, what the closest lab to you is, etc.
- What's New is a new screen where you can view any additions/features that have been added to the app
Updated the link in the User Profile to allow students to update their personal information from their mobile device
October 16, 2020 (Yoshi - 6.0.13)
- The survey feature in the app is now live
Significant updates to the mobile API to resolve performance issues and to allow for future scalability
Added a new user group to the app (AppAccept)
Resolved an issue where only one email address would show up in a User Profile
Fixed Campus Contacts so that if you have more than one role at the university (e.g. Staff and Student), the displayed contacts reflect both roles.
Fixed duplicate push notification issue
March 22, 2020 (Spoink - 6.0.12)
- Updated the design of Academic Calendar and added filters and different parts of term
- You can sync your courses with your calendar app now
- Fixed issue in Shuttle where inactive routes would immediately show back up in routes list
February 2, 2020 (Beedrill - 6.0.11)
- Adjusted the order Voiceover reads information in Student Billing area
- Added messaging for users when connection errors occur
- Fixed Where's My Course icon
- Fixed bug for Android users that use the back button to exit the app
January 12, 2020 (Meowth - 6.0.10)
- Added a component link to the "Where's My Course?" tool for students
- Laid groundwork for update to Student Billing screen
- Updated Student Billing screen to show more information
November 15, 2019 (Weezing - 6.0.9)
- Added a component link to the Canvas apps (Student & Teacher)
October 27, 2019 (Ditto - 6.0.8)
- Released User Profiles for students
September 29, 2019 (Bulbasaur - 6.0.7)
- Added a tutorial for using the shuttle screen
- Better handling of intermittent network connections
- Added disclaimer text to Academic Calendar
- Logging out properly clears SAP session cookies
- iOS 13 & iPhone 11 support
August 25, 2019 (Arbok - 6.0.6)
- Fixed a bug preventing Android users from downloading PDFs from the app.
- Added additional information when courses don't appear under Courses in My TXST
- Added support for Faculty and other instructors to view their courses under My TXST
- Updated Apply Now to support both Undergraduate and Graduate admissions
- Added a clear text button to search inputs on Android
- Changed the customize menu icon
- Changed "Account Balance" to "Total Balance" on the student billing screen
- Shuttles now asks for your location immediately and will display the location dot on the map right away
August 11, 2019 (Ekans release)
- Newsreel cards respect the Android back button and return to the home screen
- Fixed issue with dismissing modals by clicking the backdrop
- Prevent opening the BobcatMail app if the user clicked cancel on the OS prompt
- Fixed word casing on the holds screen
- Centered the empty state message for the survey screen
- Corrected colors of text on the shuttle tab bar to indicate inactivity
- Fix to allow PDFs to be downloaded on Android
- Upgrade React Native to 0.60.4
- Implemented a new design for the list of news cards
- Added a clear button to all search inputs
- Confirmation message when exiting the app via the Android back button
- Better support for landscape on the shuttle screen
- Added a pending style of ETA for shuttle stops
- Removed the Google Maps provided toolset on Android
- Fixed the infinite loading scenario with an automatic rebuild & retry pattern
- Adjusted color contrast of shuttle tab bar for accessibility
July 26, 2019 (Snorlax release)
- Fixed padding, spacing, and time issues on the Week at a Glance screen
- Courses under My TXST now indicate if you're waitlisted for the course
- Fixed a bug causing users to be stuck on WebViews if the request fails
- Fixed a bug preventing shuttle routes from refreshing properly
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect term selection on My TXST / Courses
- Fixed a crash caused by using the hardware back button after having left a WebView
- Fixed default error screen on My TXST / Billing - its no longer hot pink
- Fixed pull to refresh functionality on Academic Calendar
- Fixed the inconsistent status bar colorings
- Fixed the screen height changing when moving from Home to another view
- Fixed a bug that would save search filters wherever a search box was used
- Fixed holds being displayed with the wrong date
- Fixed a bug causing holds notifications to only go out for the first person receiving a hold that day
- Fixed a bug preventing screens from refreshing when users would navigate back to them
- Fixed a bug causing the University Star website to change height every few seconds
- (Finally) Fixed a bug that was preventing deep linking from working with notifications
- Fixed a bug that was causing Customize Menu's rows to jump 24 pixels after the drag started
- Upgraded to ReactNative v0.60.3
- Buses on the Shuttle map now animate along their route
- Made it easier to select stops from the map in Shuttle
- Added a clear all button to the Notifications screen
- Added clear button to Buildings, Routes, and Stops in Shuttle
- Separated summer term into Summer 1 and Summer 2 under My TXST / Courses
- Implemented multiple performance improvements for Shuttles
- Added support for additional email clients when sending support emails
- Normalized styling for Action Sheets across the app
- Added a slight background color change under Customize Menu to help users see which row is active
- Added an option to filter only Active Routes in the shuttle routes list
- Added biometric authentication to save logins with TouchID or FaceID
- Centered header text in the Shuttle screen to prevent the Done and Clear buttons from looking cluttered
- Changed header size on Week At A Glance screen to not interfere with the status bar
- Added accessibility labels for Campus Contacts
- Improved accessibility on back button
- Added custom accessibility hints for BobcatMail and TRACS Mobile, as they open new apps
- Added custom buttons for voiceover on the News & Events screen; allow users to change tabs without swiping through all news stories or events.
- Improved voiceover text on news reel cards on the Home screen
- Improved spacing on the Home screen grid view when voiceover is enabled
- News Reel cards read out the index position (story 1 of X) while using voiceover
- Voiceover no longer reads your initials on the pull out drawer
- Improved checkbox and filter accessibility states and labels
- Added better labels to the List View and Week at a Glance view under My TXST / Courses
- Improved voiceover's reading of courses under My TXST / Courses
- Fixed the calendar days not being read in the proper order in Academic Calendar
- Made some small adjustments to the settings screen
June 30, 2019 (Magikarp release)
- Fixed padding on user initials in the drawer.
- Fixed a crash when opening Customize Screens and no screens are available.
- Force network requests to retry when WiFi or Cell service drops out.
- Fixed an issue with the map in Shuttles stealing touches from the map markers.
- Updated navigation in the app to be more consistent with other apps.
- Courses term now defaults to the current term if users are taking courses.
- Slight change to the survey icon's line weight.
- Added year and month sections to the Academic Calendar.
- Changed the way long running events show up on the Academic Calendar.
- Added times to events in the Academic Calendar, where applicable.
- Shuttle ETAs will refresh when the app transitions from background to foreground.
- Changed some minor text wording.
- Updated React Native to 0.60.0-rc.2 for access to new accessibility functions.
June 16th, 2019 (Slowpoke release)
- Fixed sticky badge counts, user badge counts should clear when the notifications are viewed.
- Fixed a crash happening on the Shuttles screen - iOS 11 and below.
- Fixed pull to refresh not working on News & Events screen
- Properly order semesters on the Courses screen
- Added a push notification icon for Android devices
- Fixed a bug causing the Home screen to repeatedly route users to a notification's link location.
- Fixed a problem with news stories not refreshing when the app moves from background to foreground.
- Fixed a bug causing titles to overlap on some screen.
- Fixed Android's back button behavior on web content (Dining, Course Catalog, etc)
- Fixed incorrect dates on Spring 2020 holidays.
- Fixed the dots on the home screen overlapping with icons.
- Fixed a bug that would allow votes to update after a survey has closed.
- Added badge indicators to Holds, Notifications, and Survey icons.
- Added a search to buildings list in the Shuttles screen.
- Added haptic feedback to the Customize Menu screen and other areas.
- Organized buildings list in Shuttle by campus (Main and Round Rock).
- Adjusted the timing of long press to drag action on the Customize Menu screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing notifications screen from refreshing when a new notification arrives.
- Added Transportation notifications for things like Shuttle Route closures and modified schedules.
- Updated the Notifications screen to emulate the design of the Holds screen.
- Implemented a new Campus Contacts screen with more useful contacts.
- Added a label to week at a glance under My TXST / Courses.
- Customize Menu screen has been reworked to be more accessible for users with a screen reader.
- Changed screen reader label for news stories on the home screen.
- Added accessibility labels to contacts screen, fixed pronunciation of some acronyms (ITAC, SAP).
- Added accessibility labels to week at a glance button under My TXST / Courses.